Sponsor A Seat
Our patrons say it all the time, there are no bad seats in The Civic and after our recent renovations this experience has improved tenfold. The seats on the Main stage of the Civic are now richly upholstered in red with higher backs and deeper seat cushions and backs. The only thing missing? Your name engraved on a plaque affixed to a theatre seat!
The Civic is located in the heart of Tallaght and South Dublin. We are a theatre built for and supported by the people of South Dublin. It is our mission to be a place of possibility, opportunity and transformation where all people are inspired and nurtured to play a creative and civic role in our world. Please help us to deliver on our mission.
The cost of sponsoring a seat with your own dedicated plaque on the back is €250. You may pay in instalments. In exchange for your support we will place a commemorative plaque on a seat of your choosing in the auditorium. You can personalise the text on the plaque with a message, quote or dedication.
There are many reasons why you might want to sponsor a seat:
- Pay tribute to a loved one
- Commemorate an anniversary
- Celebrate an important milestone
- Birthday or Christmas present
- Celebrate the arrival of a new family member
- Advertise your company
- Support the arts in Tallaght
You will also receive a special certificate of sponsorship which will include your dedication, your seat number and a photograph of the plaque in place on the seat. You will also receive two complimentary tickets to a Civic event (subject to availability) and we will acknowledge your generous donation on our list of supporters online.
You can select your seat from this seating plan here: https://www.civictheatre.ie/your-visit/seating-plan/
Since The Civic is a registered charity (charity number 20040765), this money will go directly towards supporting our work.
It is a perfect opportunity for a business or any organisation that would like to sponsor a seat to support the arts in Tallaght. We can offer our sponsors plaques featuring optional logos and graphics. It is also possible to sponsor more than one seat or indeed a full row and your organisation will also be eligible for tax relief on the donation.
Can’t quite afford a seat? You can support our Inspire Scheme or make a one off donation by phoning on 014627477 or via our Support Us page on www.civictheatre.ie.
Or you can call Box Office on 01 4627477
Terms and Conditions of Seat Sponsorship
- Engraving is limited to 100 characters total, including spaces.
- Seat name recognition does not guarantee that you will be seated in that particular seat when you purchase a ticket to a performance. However, we will do our best to allocate this to you, if it is free at the time of booking.
- Sponsorship does not mean free entry to performances.
- Sponsoring a seat lasts for 10 years after which the Civic reserves the right to renew the scheme. You will be given the first right of refusal for renewal at that time.
- It will take up to six weeks to install your plaque – we will let you know when it has arrived and will be in touch to arrange a time for you to view it privately with friends or relatives.
On Behalf of All at The Civic we would like to thank our Sponsor A Seat Donors:
- Catherine Lambe of Harold’s Cross Tallaght Musical Society
- Elaine Kennedy
- Mary Harrington
- Ailish McCarthy
- Evelyn and Eugene Doherty
- Barbara O’Donoghue
- Padraig Walsh of Walsh Electrical Services
- Elizabeth Honan (RIP)
- Irene O’Doherty
- Dermot O’Flanagan
- William Faulkner
- Simon Manahan
- Peter Ging
- Sam Doran
- Stephen Jones
- The Echo Newspaper
- Vinny Osborne
- Clár Uí Mhurchú
- Jennifer Swinburne
- Kevin G Walsh
- Josephine Maguire
- Maurice Bracken
- William Priestley
- Mary Egan
- Angela Dunleavy
- Rob Murphy
- Terry Clancy
- Val Clifford
- Tom & Margaret Dunne
- Andrew Hooper
- Brenda Boyd