Our Commitment to You
The Civic is committed to ensuring that all our communications and dealings with our patrons, the general public, our supporters and all who engage with us are of the highest possible standard. We listen and respond to the views so that we can continue to improve. The Civic welcomes both positive and negative feedback. Therefore we aim to ensure that:
- it is as easy as possible to make a complaint, where the need arises;
- we treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations which calls for a response;
- we treat every complaint seriously, whether made by telephone, letter, email or in person;
- we deal with any complaint quickly and politely;
- we respond accordingly – for example, with an explanation or apology where we have got things wrong, and with information on any action taken, etc;
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve, and monitor them at Board level.
What to do if you have a Complaint?
If you do have a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact The Civic in writing or by telephone. In the first instance, your complaint will be dealt with by our General Manager. Please let us know how you would like us to respond, with relevant contact details. Contact details are:
Belgard Square North
Tel: 01-462 7460
We are open from 10.00am to 6.00pm Monday – Friday.
What Happens Next?
If you complain in person or over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you complain by email or in writing we will always acknowledge your complaint within 7 days, and do everything we can to resolve it with 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and give a new deadline.
All complaints will be logged in our ‘complaints register’ and tracked until they are resolved. The complaints register is reviewed by the board of directors annually.
What happens if the complaint is not resolved?
If you are not happy with our response, you may get in touch again by writing to The Civics’ Artistic Director. If you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you are invited to contact the Chairman of the board who will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board level. S/he will respond within two weeks of this consideration by Board members.
Acting on Results
We will do everything we can to put things right and will review our procedures where necessary to stop problems happening again.
We hope you agree that most of the time we do provide a good quality service. We value all feedback from those who engage with us and would also like to hear from you about what you think we do well.
This process for lodging complaints does not apply to The Civic’s staff or volunteers, who have a separate policy for lodging any complaints.